Friday, January 27, 2012

Milestones

Tonight, Tim accomplished a major daddy-to-be milestone. 

He assembled the crib


I don't know what it is about men and cribs, but I do know that once they assemble that crib it's like they have conquered something. They've proved that they can build a place for their baby to sleep with their own bare hands. It takes the manliest of men to assemble a crib, I tell you.

And what have I been up to? Well, I dusted off my sewing machine and have been sewing like a mad woman. Because our baby-to-be needs something cute to spit up on, of course.


We've had a lot of people asking for an update on our adoption process. Well, here it is: we're waiting. Our home study should be complete any day now, and in the meantime, we wait! The great news about this is that the mountains of paperwork are coming to an end. And that's a very, very good thing! :)

Also, our profile books finally came! I designed it myself using Mixbook.com, and we couldn't be more thrilled with the way they turned out. A profile book is basically a book about your family that birth parents view to help them decide if you are the right parents for their baby. Here's a little sampling of the front cover and one of the pages:



So thank you for calling, or texting, or emailing and showing that you care. We love you all!

1 comment:

Ashley Brouillette said...

I love it! I realize the point of the book isn't for friends to read it, but I still would love to see it! I miss you guys and can't wait for the day I hear you are bringing YOUR baby home! :-)