Sunday, February 19, 2012

Bittersweet

As some of you have heard, Stacey and I have experienced a difficulty in our journey together.

One month ago today a wonderful young woman told us she wanted us to adopt her baby boy. After four weeks of preparations, the baby was born early Monday morning. We fell in love instantly. He was taken to the NICU due to some irregular breathing issues and also so the doctors could keep an eye on him. There in the NICU, his birth mom stayed by his side all night. Since she is such a great person and a great mom, she made the difficult decision to parent this precious little boy.

Our hearts are not hard, or filled with anger. Our hearts are filled with lots of love for this little boy and his amazing family. This does not mean that this was easy for Stacey and I to deal with. We're grieving the loss of this little boy who was our son for a brief while. We got to hold, feed, and love this amazing little guy. For 36 hours he was ours and for 36 hours he had two sets of parents that loved him more than anything. This experience is very painful for everybody and this pain can only be healed by the very God we love and serve. God has his hands in everything and we are relying heavily on Him!

Our friends and family have been an amazing blessing and I truly believe their kind words and unwavering support has been sent from God. Stacey and I are looking forward to the future and to see what blessings unfold.

-Tim

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That must be hard beyond belief. Will be praying for you guys. let me know if you need a hug or company. ~Dana

Tomika Anderson said...

Tim/Stacey:

I just saw your blog and read your story. I'm SO excited for you and this adventure. I think you know I am adopted and I have a huge place in my heart for adoption so as my friends are beginning to create families, I am so glad to see that many are choosing adoption.

I'll be thinking of you both through everything and hope that you soon have your little one. What a great example of love and sacrifice you have already been for this mother and her little one. That is special and I hope you realize that.

I'll be eagerly awaiting news as you progress. Much love to you both!
Tomika

jen reed said...

We all share in your grief but we also want to share with you our hope in your dream of becoming parents. We love you guys so much and if we could take the pain and bear it for you we would.